Happy Monday everyone! I hope you all had a great weekend! Brooke’s grandma is in town and she and Robert made Brooke this awesome teepee! She loves it.
She also spent some time bonding with her little brother 🙂
I had a few things on my mind this weekend, but none of which warranted their own post so I’m compiling them all here in a post of confessions…I think it makes sense. Anyway – here we go!
1. I can’t stand a dirty kitchen. I keep seeing these posts around the internet about leaving the dishes for later and spending quality time with your family now. I’m sure this is a generalization about prioritizing our time, but the kitchen metaphor throws me because I cannot stand a dirty sink. Or counters (which is an ongoing battle in our house). Or stove. I want to clean up right after meal time (and I’m one of those who cleans while she cooks) so I can sit and chill afterwards and not have to fret about what will face me in the kitchen in the morning. No better way to wake up than with a gigantic cup of coffee in a clean kitchen.
2. I’m already getting on the scale. I know. I’ve already been fussed at by some family members and friends. It’s stupid and I know that. But what else is stupid is that in 2 weeks (at one month postpartum), I’ve GAINED weight. This pisses me off to no end. Right now I feel like there isn’t anything I can do about it until I get cleared to workout again. I’m not eating badly at all. I have a few treats here and there (I’m only human). AND I’m breastfeeding. What the hell. I’m super annoyed about this. Can we at least get a few days of decent temperatures so we can go on walks?? Where is spring…?
3. I’m honest to a fault. Just ask my husband, parents, sisters, friends, etc. I will almost always give it to you straight. Sometimes I have to mull it over for a while, but I’m always honest. To an extent. See 4. And I obviously overshare…I think I always have. Which goes hand in hand with the honesty thing. Oh well…I wear my heart on my sleeve proudly!
4. I’m a lot nicer in real life than I am in my head. While I’m honest, I always try to be tactful (though sometimes I lose my cool…again…only human). Which means that what I’m thinking inside my noggin may not be what I actually say. I want to be honest, not mean. Lots of times what’s in my head isn’t nice. Those who know me really well can just look at me and see that what is running through my head in a particular situation and know it doesn’t reflect what I’m saying with 100% accuracy. But I doubt I’m the only one who does that…right??
5. Today is Brooke’s first official day out of daycare. I don’t know how this is going to go. I’m nervous. She did so well in daycare and I regularly question my abilities to teach her like her teachers did. Girl can count from 1 to 8 (granted she always misses 6…) but I didn’t teach her that. I don’t know how to teach. This makes me nervous. And I am afraid she will start asking about her friends…but maybe she won’t. Wish us luck…we will need it!
Brooke with her best friend Gabby! They’ve known each other since they were itty bitty!