Forgive the lackluster post – someone *Brooke* has been waking up in the middle of the night for party time the past several nights. Last night it was up at 1 and not back down until around 4. So I am one exhausted mama…hopefully it’s a phase that will pass soon. It’s a phase…right?? Tell me it’s a phase….
Julie at Peanut Butter Fingers posted an organization calendar, of sorts, to help her get organized throughout the year. I LOVE this idea. January might be a bit crazy around these parts, but I have that itch to get stuff done (surely that isn’t nesting, is it?) and think that something like this would be SUPER helpful for me!
Julie’s list has something listed for each day, which can definitely make sense, especially if you have a hard time sticking to lists. For me, I decided it was easier to pick a handful of things to do during the given week and just make sure those things get done, no matter what day I do them. And, really, some days I have no energy to do anything, and some days I have enough to accomplish everything on the list…just how it goes!
Here is a breakdown of everything with a new week. There are 5 weeks listed (for the 5 weeks in January), but truth be told, I am pretty sure we’ll only make it through the first few before B2 turns our little world upside down, then these things will likely be put on hold, or I’ll make our visitors do them for me 😉
- Work on B2s nursery (i.e. finish it?)
- Go through dresser drawers and closet and donate unwanted clothing
- Wash, fold, and put away (always a challenge) laundry, make beds
- Take down Christmas
- Vacuum and dust the whole house
- Dust fans and light fixtures
- Clean out pantry and spice cabinet
- Clean out refrigerator/freezer
- Organize all bookshelves and donate unwanted books
- Go through shoes and donate anything that went unworn
- Clean out hall closet and donate unwanted coats/cold weather gear
- Organize linen closet and get rid of unwanted sheets and old towels
- Thoroughly wipe down all countertops and clean sinks in kitchen and bathrooms
- Clean toilets and bathroom mirrors
- Clean showers
- Organize cabinets and drawers in master bathroom
- Go through garage and get rid of unwanted items/boxes/tools
- Deep clean inside of car
- Organize laundry room and cleaning supplies
- Organize photos on computer/iPhone (create categorized folders, delete unwanted photos, etc.)
- Wash hardwood floors
- Wash bath mats and small indoor door mats
- Wash blankets and throws
- Wipe down doors/doorknobs
- Wipe down and clean stove, oven, microwave and toaster
- Unsubscribe to unwanted emails
This is a pretty exhaustive (and exhausting) list, but if I have it all written out, it will be a constant reminder to do it, especially when I have a little energy to get something done, but can’t figure out what I want to do (yes, this happens).
Here’s to a more clean, clutter free, and organized 2015!