1. Water Bottle – Camelbak Products Eddy Insulated Water Bottle, Aqua, 0.6-Liter – I use this water bottle every day. I don’t know if there is something about a straw or what, but I always drink twice as much water when I use this bottle than if I don’t have it. It’s great for the gym, it doesn’t leak so I can throw it in my gym bag or purse without worry, all the parts are easily washable (and can go in the dishwasher), and it’s got that cute factor to it too! Brooke asked for my ‘wa wa’ all the time, so we finally got her her own Camelbak Products Kid’s Eddy Water Bottle, Dolls, 0.4-Liter and she LOVES it!
2. Heart Rate Monitor – I use (and LOVE) my Polar FT4 Heart Rate Monitor (Purple/Pink) and, as a matter of fact, got it last year for Christmas. It’s so easy to use, you can throw the strap in the washing machine, and I haven’t had any problems with it at all! It seems to have a very accurate read out as far as calories used in a workout and monitors my heart rate pretty accurately as well. One of my favorites for sure! And they come in a variety of colors to match anyone’s personality.
3. Flip Belt – “FlipBelt is passionate about creating functionally simplistic products that enhances a person’s lifestyle without looking like that tourist who is stuck in the 80s with their too tight, bulky fanny pack. With fitness clothing getting sleeker and more form fitting, belts we use in our activities shouldn’t bounce, chafe, ride up or receive strange stares. Whether you’re running, walking, working out, biking, hiking or wanderlusting, FlipBelt allows you to enjoy your adventure worry-free and handsfree.”
Ok, we are all very aware that running just isn’t in the cards for me at the moment. But lifting still is. And just because I don’t run doesn’t mean I don’t want all my things within arms reach (I mean, I need my phone close by when I’m working out so I can take selfies, or have someone take a video, duh). That’s where the FlipBelt is great! My keys, phone, chapstick (yep), money if I need it…all right there on my person.
I’ll be honest. I was skeptical of using the FlipBelt, especially with the protruding belly, but I have to say, it stayed in place when squatting (and I totally expected it to roll up or down or something). Once B2 is here and I’m getting back into walking/running, this thing is going to be awesome for me. This is highly recommended, for sure!
For a limited time, use code Sweat10 to get 10% off your order here: http://bit.ly/
OR! Send me an email and I will forward you a code for 33% off your order!
4. Kettlebells – j/fit Kettlebell Rack with Set of 4 Kettlebells – Kettlebells are AWESOME pieces of equipment to have. They can serve as dumbells or kettlebells and can add intensity to practically any workout. We currently only have a 20lb KB but it works for my needs for now, though I would love to get a few lighter and a few heavier ones. They are a little pricey, but a great addition (or start!) to any home gym. Plus, there are so many KettleBell workouts all over the web, like this one, this one, this one, or this one, you’re bound to find something you can do with them!
5. Reebok Sprint TR Shoes – I might be a little biased with the Sprint TR shoes by Reebok, but that is because I know I’m getting some for Christmas and I can’t wait to put them to good use! These are great, not only for cross training, but have just enough support for shorter runs (in my opinion), fit a narrower foot (where the Nano 4’s have a super wide toe-box that just doesn’t work so great for me), and have a low heel-rise, making them good for lifting.
6. Workout clothes – I am a really big fan right now of Athleta‘s workout clothes. I think they are really well made, and really stand up to a decent beating. I have a pair of their capris (not the exact ones but very similar) and haven’t had any issues with them at all. They are really comfortable, stay put, and haven’t thinned out (i.e. you can’t see through them!). Plus they’ve added new ‘cozy’ stuff that I’m really, really tempted to spend all of my money on right now! I also really dig Reebok’s stuff, Old Navy, and Fabletics (though I have not purchased from Fabletics yet, but I love looking at their items!)
7. Jump Rope – ProSource Discounts Speed Cable Jump Rope, Black, 10-Feet – This would make a wonderful stocking stuffer! Jumping rope is a great way to get cardio in while toning at the same time (jumping is hard work, y’all). Everyone at my gym raves about having their own jump rope. Not only is it made just for you (in terms of length), but you have it with you all the time, which leaves no reason for not practicing those double unders!
8. Healthy food subscription – NatureBox is only one of the options out there (Graze is another, and there is also Blue Apron which is meals instead of snacks) but it’s one I can speak to as we have purchased and received several of their boxes over the past year.
There are so many awesome things out there these days that are geared towards fitness fanatics that this list really could go on forever, but I’ll leave it at 8! I hope this helps you figure something out for the fitness fanatic in your life! 🙂
This post was sponsored by Fit Approach on behalf of FlipBelt. All opinions are my own. This post also contains affiliate links – thank you so much for your support!!