Good morning! It’s Thursday and I’m just going to share today. Sharing is fun, right? Or is it? Brooke doesn’t really agree but we’re working on it.
1. Robert has been out of town all week and he gets home tonight and THANK GOODNESS. Brooke is a great kid and very easy, but man, props to you single parents, I don’t know how you do it. She woke up at 4:30 this morning ready to go…I tried to get her to fall back asleep, which she eventually did, at 5:15 (my alarm goes off at 5:30). So I moved her into her crib, and of course she promptly woke up, so I just had to leave her in there while I showered and got ready. All was well after she fussed for a few minutes, but man, it really made me appreciate having Robert here in the mornings to help with that kind of thing!
After FaceTiming with Daddy…that darn paci.
2. I’m really sore from the workout yesterday. We had 10 minutes to work up to a heavy power snatch, and then the conditioning workout was:
10x Power Snatch (95#/65#)
10x Power Snatch (95#/65#)
My shoulders and arms are wiped! It took me about 28 minutes to finish. It makes me tired all over again just ready the workout.
3. I’m really trying to find ways to gain readership to the blog. I’m reading a lot of “Blogging 101” articles by other bloggers that I admire, and trying to incorporate their ideas into my blog (including blogging more often…something I tend to slack on…) I don’t foresee any crazy changes coming this way, but just something rolling around in my head!
Playing with puzzles….with animal cracker on her chin.
4. Along those same lines, I’m trying to do more Link Ups with other bloggers (like today’s! Linking up with Amanda at Running with Spoons today for Thinking Out Loud…thanks Amanda!)
So I want to do the “What I Ate Wednesday” Link Up by Peas and Crayons that so many others do (because I love reading those posts) but I realized that I am AWFUL at remembering to take pictures of my food before I eat it!
For instance, here is yesterday’s breakfast. I didn’t make coffee at home so I stopped at Starbucks for iced coffee (thanks to the high of 100 yesterday, ugh) and grabbed the Bacon Gouda Artisan Sandwich….I remembered to take a picture of the part I didn’t eat…the top of the sandwich and the bacon (the bacon is meh, and you know…carbs…)
And of course a half-drank (drunk?) iced coffee.
I DID remember lunch – BECAUSE….
CHRISTOPHERS! Now that I’m doing CrossFit at lunch, it makes it super hard to go downtown to get my favorite ever cart food. I had a deadline on Tuesday that I had to deliver downtown, and since I had to skip CrossFit anyway, I figured, why not!? So of course, I did the obvious and bought lunch for Tuesday AND enough to last the rest of the week. (so this is what I’ve had for lunch the past 2 days and will have today…who needs variety?)
And then I forgot to snap anything else I ate, like the greek yogurt after lunch, the Kashi Chocolate Almond Sea Salt bar between breakfast and lunch, the Chinese I had for dinner, or the dark chocolate with raspberry I had after dinner. Oh well.
5. My sweet friend, and Brooke’s Auntie, Kelly came over last night to keep me company and entertain Brooke. It was so nice to catch up with her! Brooke just loves her Aunt Kelly 🙂
6. I think I might be exhausted from this week because I cannot think of anything else interesting enough to include on this list? I could tell you that I need to remember to drink more water today. Or that I need to go to the grocery store. And I need to clean out the litter box before the trash comes tomorrow. So much fun stuff. 🙂
I hope you all have a lovely Thursday!