1. Sleep 'n Plays - These things are the JAM. Period. Especially the ones with a zipper. Nothing makes for a more difficult diaper change in the middle of the night than trying to match up snaps in the dark. This gets better if they sleep through the night after a few months, then the snaps aren't that bad. And if you can find the ones with the built in mittens, even better (especially for when they are newborns). They have lots of cute patterns and usually come in 2-packs or 3-packs, and they won't break the bank. Brooke still wears one of these every night. They also make them in fleece material, which we have a few of as well that she'll wear come winter time. I seriously love these and they are now my go-to baby shower gift. My aunt Ba got Brooke several packs of these for 3-6 months and 6-9 months and I LOVE them.
3. Infantino Twist and Fold Gym and/or the Fisher-Price Kick 'n Play Piano - I don't know if all babies are like Brooke, but she LOVES to look at herself in a mirror. And she loves bright, contrasting colors. The Infantino play mat meets all of those criteria. Alternatively, we don't have this one yet but I'm really thinking about ordering it because of all of the wonderful reviews I've heard about it. The Kick 'n Play Piano mat - so babies can lay and look at themselves in the mirror (nice!) or at toys, and when they kick their feet, they 'play' the piano! So it seems like an awesome teaching tool for cause and effect. And at $40, I think it's totally awesome! It also folds up for when baby is older so they can play it with their hands. Genius. Okay I actually just ordered it since I kept reading up on it. So I'll be back with a review! :)
4. Trumpette socks - these socks are great! They fit Brooke when she was a newborn, they fit now, and I imagine they'll fit a few months from now too. Not to mention they are a-freaking-dorable! Everyone always loves a little girl in Mary Janes or a little boy in converse :)
5. Safety 1st Exchangeable 3 in 1 Thermometer - This thermometer is awesome. It's got 3 types of attachments, a rectal, and oral, and underarm (we use rectal right now, it's the most accurate), and the display shows green, yellow, or red, depending on the temp reading. A GREAT use of $20. Plus, knowing we'll never use the rectal side for the oral is a nice piece of mind too :)
6. iPhone - I mean...at least SOME sort of phone with a good camera...otherwise I wouldn't have nearly as many pictures of Brooke as I do.
7. Wubbanub Pacifier - These come in all sorts of adorable animals (and range in price from around $12 to $25 - steep I know...the elephant is $25 and its KILLING me...) and they are wonderful! They are helpful in teaching Brooke how to put her paci back in her mouth herself (she's getting pretty good at it!), if they fall, they don't roll who knows where (or off of a 4 story deck like one did in Gatlinburg), and they're easy to find in the dark if need be. They really are great. We have 2 and keep one at daycare and one with us.
8. Oball FlexiLoop - This toy is awesome for little ones just learning to use their hands. It's easy to grab, easy to put in their mouth, but not small so they can't choke. It rattles a bit from the center which sometimes can hold her attention, and the contrasting colors keep it interesting.
9. Aden & Anais Muslin Swaddle Wraps - We don't swaddle B anymore (rather...we pretty much never did...) but we have about 10 of these blankets and LOVE them. They are great as blankets anywhere, can be thrown over the carseat in the stroller for shade, are good backup burp cloths if you don't have one nearby and need it (surprise spit up...yay!), B likes to hold on to them and I don't stress about it because they are breathable, in case she pulls it over her face. They are just great!
10. BOB Stroller - This is a pricey one, but I LOVE our Bob. It is heavy and kind of bulky, but taking the wheels off really slims it down (for long trips where we need to pack a lot of things), but it is super fast to take off or put back on the wheels, and getting it set up is literally a flick of the wrist. It is great on most types of terrain, and I have jogged with Brooke in it a few times and it's a really smooth ride. It's definitely one of my favorite purchases!