I’m not normally one to toot my own horn…
Ok that’s totally a lie, I toot my own horn a lot…and not in the gassy way either…anyway…
So I’m pretty proud of this project! You’ll see by the boatload of pictures I’m about to release on you that I’m not kidding.
This is the first time I’ve ever “reupholstered” anything, and my sewing projects are typically in the realm of pillow case or curtain. Usually just a few hems and seams and we’re all set, so this one required a bit more time, but I was up for the challenge. (note that this is by no means perfect, and if you want a perfect tutorial, by all means, Google search it [and let me know what you find, hah])
I started off at Hobby Lobby where I happened upon these few fabrics that I couldn’t decide on:
So I put my template on the new fabric (folded in half – good side to good side, so I would only have to make one cut and it would be how I wanted it) and got to cutting.
Here it is with the bottom piece sewn to the side piece. Then I did the same thing to the top piece by pinning it in place, and got to sewing again.
I got both the top and bottom pieces sewn to the side piece and was left with the picture above. See how it’s still open at the top and has quite a bit of allowance? Just what I wanted! Not to mention – fit like a glove after the first time 🙂 I was super proud of that!
Then came to closing her up once I trimmed all of the excess out of the inside. You can see above how I pulled the bottom piece up, and I cut the side piece so it came fairly close to the cushion so I could fold the ends together and pin them for a nice edge. I folded the top piece under and hooked everything together as best as I could.
Someone thinks this room is all for him.
We’re nearly there!! I’m absolutely loving how this room is coming together and can’t wait to show the finished product! It’s actually coming together just like my vision and I’m so excited about that. Lady B is going to have one of the nicest rooms in the house 🙂
I’ll return tomorrow with a Week 28 update and hopefully good news from the Gestational Diabetes test – keep your fingers crossed for me!!